Sunday, August 14, 2016

Persecution of Raptors must end!

Saddened by the recent news that yet another tagged Golden Eagle had mysteriously vanished without trace in the Scottish Highlands & knowing that Hen Harriers have been persecuted, almost to the point of extinction in England, I felt that now was a good time to speak out against the sort of illegal activities I know were carried out in secret on many keepered estates. Sadly, the evidence points to there being little change since my days as a Keeper.

To speak openly now about the sort of persecution I saw with my own eyes, might just help to convince some people that now is the time to vote for serious change to the way our countryside is being managed for shooting interests, but actually mismanaged in so many ways. Having worked as a Gamekeeper & in Pest Control full time for nearly 15 years I know what goes on 'behind the scenes' & while I'm not against all forms of shooting per se, it is clear to me that something is seriously wrong with the way Driven Grouse Moors have & still are, being managed today & I firmly believe that, given the fact that there is virtually no 'sport' involved in the 'driven' forms of shooting & the fact that so much raptor persecution is still being practiced on far too many of those shoots today, the days of Driven game bird shooting should be behind us.

At the very least, a serious debate needs to take place at the very highest level & to ensure this debate takes place I would urge anyone reading this to follow the links below and sign the Petitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment